Member for Hawkesbury Dominic Perrottet MP officially launched the Castle Hill RSL Group’s $3 million renovation of Lynwood Country Club to the Hawkesbury community with PGA Golf Professional Paul Gow.
Hosted by the Castle Hill RSL Board of Directors, Mr Perrottet joined members of the Hawkesbury community with special guests including Member for Castle Hill Mr Ray Williams MP, President of Castle Hill RSL Major General Warren Glenny (Rtd), General Manager Golf NSW Mr Graeme Phillipson and President of NSW Rural Fire Service Association Mr Ken Middleton.
“It is great to see many members of the community join us to launch the new facilities giving new opportunities to families and community members.” Mr Perrottet said. “I would like to congratulate the great work of the Castle Hill RSL Group and Lynwood Golf Club for their recent renovation. The Castle Hill RSL are always there to assist the community and those in need, it’s great to have them as part of the Hawkesbury.”
The renovation includes:
- New and improved Golf Course layout
- Extension and improvements on course irrigation
- New course maintenance equipment
- World class practice facilities including designated chipping and putting areas
- New Golf Coaching Centre with modern coaching technology
- New undercover all-weather hitting bays and flood lighting for Driving Range (commencing in May 2016)
- New online booking service and website for members
- New Members Competition Scorecards with scanning technology for ease of score entry and results
- Additional motorised golf carts for hire
- New centralised Pro Shop
In the Clubhouse:
- New Sports Bar with 5 giant plasmas screening FOX Sports live around the clock.
- New state-of-the-art TAB so you won’t miss a race/bet
- Total refurbishment of the Clubhouse to complement dining at the renovated Terrace Grill restaurant
- New alfresco dining areas
- New functions room; perfect for weddings, parties or corporate events
- New coffee shop
Castle Hill RSL Group President Mr Warren Glenny said: “We have implemented these new developments as an investment for the future; so as the community grows and changes around Lynwood, the club has the facilities to cater for our Members’ needs. The improvements are so good the Golf NSW High Performance Team are now training at our facilities”.