Member for Hawkesbury Dominic Perrottet today encouraged local sporting clubs to apply for the NSW Government’s Local Sport Grant Program to get more locals involved in sport and recreation activities.
Mr Perrottet said the Program aims to increase regular and on-going participation in sport and active recreation.
“The Local Sport Grant Program provides funding for sports clubs in Hawkesbury and across NSW,” said Mr Perrottet.
“We all know that sport is incredibly important for health and wellbeing, as well as bringing people in the community together.”
“The NSW Government is committed to delivering the best infrastructure and services to the people of NSW and this Local Sport Grant Program provides funding opportunities for every single community across the state so I encourage our local sporting groups to take advantage of the fund,” Mr Perrottet added.
There are four project types within the Program, these being:
1. Sport Club Development;
2. Community Sport Events;
3. Sport Access; and
4. Facility Development.
Applications are now open and close 11 November 2016.
For more information and to apply, visit www.sportandrecreation.nsw.gov.au/grants.
Last year’s program saw grants awarded to:
- Macquarie Towns Hot Rod Club Inc. – Upgrade of toilet facilities at Clarendon Showground.
- Glossodia Cricket Club – Purchase of compaction roller for the turf cricket pitch at Woodbury Oval.
- Oakville United Soccer Club – Purchase of a line marking machine for use at Colbee Park.
- Hawkesbury District Tennis Association – Purchase of new nets and a super sopper at Richmond tennis Centre along with provision of a junior development coaching course.
- Wisemans Ferry Bowling Club – Purchase and installation of a Shadola sunscreen system for two ends of the bowling green.
- Lowlands Wanderers Soccer Club – Provision of tiered seating to main pitches at Bensons Park.
- Wisemans Ferry and District Sports Inc. – Equipment for swim school.